Greetings! My name is Diane and I am, mainly, a printmaker and book artist. I have worked in the visual arts field professionally for about 30 years (Yikes!). The many hats I have worn include exhibiting artist, teaching artist, arts administrator, gallery manager, curator, juror, and if there is anything else possible to do in this field I am fairly sure I have done that as well.
I have two bodies of work that I produce with equal joy. The first group consists of artist books and works on paper that often deal with a theme or an idea. You can see a some of my current work from this category on the artwork and special projects pages. The other type of work I produce are linocuts & monoprints that I often take to fine arts & fine craft fairs.
Residencies, Fellowships, Positions include:
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, Delphi Art Futures Program, Awarded five consecutive residencies
- The Delaware Art Museum, Museum School Faculty
- The Hill School, Artist in Residence
- New Courtland Artist Fellowship
- Philadelphia Sketch Club, Executive Director
Public & Corporate Collections include:
- LaSalle University Art Museum
- AtlantiCare Health System
- Swarthmore College Libraries Book Arts & Private Press Collection
- Free Library of Philadelphia’s Print and Picture Collection.
Selected exhibitions include:
- She Persisted, Alexander County Library/Hickory Museum of Art (2018)
- Fur & Feathers, Curated Exhibition, Free Library of Philadelphia, (2016)
- Delaware Art Museum Faculty Exhibition, Wilmington, DE (2016)
- MCGOPA’s Summer Invitational (2014)
- Alive!, Solo Exhibition, Cityfolk Gallery, Lancaster, PA (2012)
- Twenty-Four Eyes, Invitational Group Exhibition, Villanova University (2010)
- Art is Ageless; New Courtland Artists Fellowship Exhibition (2010)
- Members Medal Exhibition, Plastic Club, Philadelphia, PA (2009)
- Energy & Matter, Two Person Exhibition, Twenty-two Gallery, Philadelphia, PA (2009)
- Cohabitation, Solo Installation, Phoenixville Windows Project, Phoenixville, PA (2008)
- Portraits from Natural History, Solo Exhibition, The Hill School, Pottstown, PA (2008)
- Any Back Yard, Solo Installation for the Window on Broad, University of the Arts (2006)
- Capturing the Essence, Solo Exhibition, Holy Family University, Philadelphia, PA (2006)
- Contemporary Visions, Invitational Group, American College, Bryn Mawr, PA (2006)
- Bound/Unbound, Invitational Book Arts Exhibition at the Free Library of Philadelphia (2006)
- La Morte e Il Riposo, Community Arts Center of Wallingford, Group invitational (2005)
- Printmaking Yesterday and Today, Phila. Sketch Club (2005)
- Dirty Birds, Solo exhibition Pagus Gallery, Norristown Arts Building, (2004)
- PA Academy of the Fine Arts, Continuing Education, Juried group exhibitions (2000 & 2002)
- B.A., Humanities, (Fine Arts focus), Holy Family College, Philadelphia, PA
- M.S., Management (Arts & Culture focus), Rosemont College, Rosemont, PA
- PA Academy of the Fine Arts & Fleisher Art Memorial – studies in intaglio printmaking & lithography
- Barnes Foundation, Violette de Mazia Scholarship
If you have any questions about my work or want more information regarding my background, please contact me.
Thank you for visiting my site.